April 27th, 9:00am
On Twitter: #aigasolos
Want to improve your business skills and learn new tools?
SoloCamp is a one-day conference on Saturday, April 27, designed as a shot of adrenalin for your solo practice, whether you’re a designer, programmer, writer, or consultant.
Like a regular conference, there are some pre-planned sessions on a variety of important topics, taught by seasoned freelancers and business owners. But it’s also an unconference, which means we’ve got room for sessions that can be suggested and even run by you. (More on that after you register.) Pre-planned sessions include:
- The basics (and not-so basics) of marketing yourself: How and where to tell your story.
- Using social media to promote your business
- Online marketing 101: An overview of what’s possible with SEO, PPC, Re-marketing, Authorship Pages, Video and Conversion Optimization (applicable to yours or your clients’ businesses).
- Stop leaving money on the table! Ideas on how to earn more from your projects and client relationships.
- Business 101 for freelancers: Tons of practical advice on incorporation, taxes, banking, insurance, partnerships, positioning, etc.
- Portfolio sites: Comparing portfolio platforms, with input from other freelancers.
- Designer tech: A review of essential tools.
- Working alone sucks! An intro to more collaborative ways of working.
AIGA, Navitor, CoCo Members | $40
General Public | $50
400 South 4th Street, Suite 401
Questions? Please contact Sandra Theis, Solopreneurs committee member.
Event is hosted by Navitor, the Official Bronze Sponsor of AIGA Minnesota.