September 26th, 12:00pm
International Market Square
On Twitter: #Luncheons
Take advantage of the wisdom of local expert designers during this noontime career opportunity. Select your preferred table topics at registration and we will do our best to situate you with one of those mentor-led groups. Please feel free to exchange business cards with your mentor and peers to continue the conversations after this event.
Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
Mentor Conversations from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Student (at any point in your design study program)
- Emerging (in the first five years of your design career)
- Mid-Career (from five to 15 years of design experience)
- Senior (15+ years of experience in a variety of environments)
- Educator (instructor, faculty, adjunct, interested or practicing)
- Solopreneur (design sole proprietor, freelancer, or contractor)
- Studio Owner (designer employing others)
- In-House (internal company design team member)
- Digital (primarily focused on web, app, or user experience design)
- Re-entering Design (returning to the field after time away)
- Related Field/Role (illustrator, animator, photographer, writer, account or project manager, printer, etc.)
International Market Square
275 Market Street, Studio 185
AIGA Member: Trustee / Leader / Sustainer / Supporter / Educator | $30, or $40 after Sept. 24
AIGA Member: Contributor | $40, or $50 after Sept. 24
AIGA Member: Student | $25, or $40 after Sept. 24
Nonmembers | $50, or $60 after Sept. 24
Online registration closes Tuesday, September 24 at 5pm CST. Walk-ins accepted if seats available. Specific table topic placement not guaranteed.
If you have a burning question to ask a mentor, please email us by Mon., Sept. 23 and it will be added to the list of conversation starters supplied to each mentor.
Scott Adams, Scott Adams Design Associates
Mary K. Baumann, Hopkins/Baumann
Pat Carney, The Carney Group
Adam Demers, Periscope
Dan Donovan, Donovan Design
John DuFresne, Concordia University, St. Paul
Tom Dupont, Kazoo Branding
Ken Friberg, Rat Race Studios
Stefan Hartung, Kick
Bryce Howitson, Evidentia Health
Lori Korte, Lori Korte Design
Katrin Loss, Best Buy
Eric Madsen, The Office of Eric Madsen
Brad Norr, Brad Norr Design
Joseph O’Leary, Veto Design
Heather Olson, Franke+Fiorella
Travis Olson, Acre Design Company
Kolean Pitner, Design Historian
Michael Richie, TheWEBcentric
Wendy Ruyle, 5 By 5 Design
Jenny Schmitz-Hinshaw, Smiths Medical
Sherwin Schwartzrock, Schwartzrock Graphic
Amy Svir, Deluxe Corporation
Derek Sussner, Sussner Design Co.
Brent Swanson, CaringBridge
Damien Wolf, Orangeseed
* Mentors subject to change
Luncheons are an ongoing series featuring local or regional speakers from within the design community and are designed to inform and enlighten the AIGA constituency on a variety of timely, design-related topics.
If you need special assistance, please contact Sam Michaels, Director of Legacy Programming, one week before the event.
About AIGA Membership
Thanks to our 2013 Luncheons sponsors for their enthusiastic support of our members.
Patrick Redmond Design