Portfolio 1-on-1® 2017 will be April 7th & 8th.
Friday, April 7th
- 11:30–12:15 Check-in and Lunch
- 12:15–12:30 Welcome Announcements
- 1:00–4:00 Studio Tours
- 4:30–4:45 Scholarship Awards
- 4:45–6:15 Panel Discussion
Saturday, April 8th
- 8:00–8:50 Continental Breakfast
- 8:50–9:00 Announcements
- 9:00–11:30 Morning Review Sessions/Workshops
- 11:30–1:00 Lunch
- 1:00–3:00 Afternoon Review Sessions/Workshops
- 3:15–4:15 Door Prizes/Closing
- Studio Tours: Take a tour of our local design scene. Within a small group of your future colleagues from other schools, you’ll visit a wide variety of work environments ranging from large agencies to small studios. This will be an opportunity to see work spaces, ask questions, and interact with your peers. Some of the studio tour groups will be walking to destinations, so please be prepared by wearing comfortable shoes in case you are in one of these groups.
- Panel Discussion: Join us after the studio tours to hear some of the region’s top designers and industry experts discuss what they look for in a portfolio, how they decide to hire, how they conduct interviews, what they think of the current job market, and more.
- Workshops: Get even more career tips at intimate and hands-on workshops from area designers and companies who will present on a wide variety of subjects.
- Review Sessions: Each Portfolio 1-on-1® attendee will be scheduled for several portfolio review sessions with experienced working professionals in the Twin Cities. You may attend additional review sessions by utilizing the rush line available during both the morning and afternoon sessions.
- Door Prizes: Who doesn’t love free stuff?! Local, national, and international companies have made generous donations of books, apparel, posters, and other design-related products for this event. Don’t leave early—you have to be present to win!